Red Pepper Soup with sausage

Wednesday, November 21, 2007 at 11:08 AM

Deliciousness defined is this soup from WFLH with red peppers, onion, tomato juice and a hint of cayenne pepper and- strange as it sounds- maple syrup. I didn't really taste it in this recipe, so you might want to up it depending on how strange you like. It's really quite delectable. I halved the recipe- that provided ebnough for dinner and for lunch today. Also. of course, I changed a couple of things from the original recipe to my liking... I always must :)

Ingredients
2 red bell peppers - de-seeded and coarsely chopped
1 red onion - finely chopped
2 tablespoons black truffle oil
1 tablespoon paprika powder
250 ml tomato juice
1 cup of sauteed sausage (I used chicken sausage for this, but use whatever you'd like)
1 teaspoon maple syrup (or 2, if you're feeling adventurous)
Dash of cayenne pepper
Salt
Freshly cracked black pepper
sour cream
parsley, as garnish

Directions
Heat the truffle oil in a saucepan. Sauté the pepper and onions for 2-3 minutes, then sprinkle with paprika powder. Allow to cook for another 2-3 minutes.

Pour in the tomato juice and maple syrup. Add the dash of cayenne pepper, salt and pepper and simmer covered for 20 minutes.

With a puree machine puree the soup finely. If you find it too thick add some more tomato juice. Add cup of chopped sausage, sauteed in another tablespoon of oil.

Serve on pre-warmed soup plates with a splodge of sour cream and a sprinkle of parmesan cheese or parsley.

(thanks WFLH!)
________

Blogging really feeds into my desire to cook, and cooking pretty food feeds my desire to take pictures, and I'm just really happy that I have this blog. I hope you're happy about it too :)

4 comments

  1. Elizabeth Says:

    ooooo, glad to see the truffle oil is going to good use!

  2. Elizabeth Says:
    This comment has been removed by the author.
  3. Anonymous Says:

    Okay I Looked at the pic, and it looks really good. I could not have it tho because I am Jewish and it seems like Pork! I would love to try it tho. I may have to add me a substitute meat in there..

    Ne.

  4. Anonymous Says:

    Okay I so had a blonde moment I see that you used Chicken Sausage.. LOL So I guess I can eat this... please send me a bowl over!!!

    Ne.

Rococo Cocoa | Powered by Blogger | Entries (RSS) | Comments (RSS) | Designed by MB Web Design | XML Coded By Cahayabiru.com