First Finished Drawing in... I can't even Remember.

Thursday, March 27, 2008 at 1:59 PM

This is a pastel I've been working on for a charity benefit for Save Darfur. I'll post the finished piece on here, as well as pictures from the event, I imagine. I credit them for getting me back into the handmade arts. I needed a push to start again.

To explain the piece, I wanted to focus on the beauty of the Sudan rather than the pain, since, someday, with any hope, there will be happiness there again. The vine like flowers around her are... the scientific name is Utriculara inflexica, and for some peculiar reason I can't find the real name of them... anyone know a botanist?

0 comments

Rococo Cocoa | Powered by Blogger | Entries (RSS) | Comments (RSS) | Designed by MB Web Design | XML Coded By Cahayabiru.com